Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fun Time

Yesterday, Jewel and I took the kids to a rally for Elizabeth Dole (our senator in NC running for re-election)! It was a rally for veterans and we went to support both! The girls really are getting involved in the politcal process this year (how could they not with me as their mom???) and Mikey came along because he had to...hahaha (we took him out to dinner afterwards...good way to get him to participate)! It was fun to see both Senator Elizabeth Dole and Senator Bob Dole together. I was able to help the kids see a little of what an election year is like! We got signs and bumper stickers and felt like we were involved! The girls are anxious to do more now so we will continue on our quest of learning about the election process and hoping to bring victory to the candidates we feel are better qualified at this time to lead! This is the best way to teach the kids about our government system and how it works plus have fun along the way. I tell everyone that I found my love for politics when I was 15 years old and campaigned for Granddaddy when he ran for sheriff! That was the most fun summer I can remember...it was also the only time I have ever campaigned for a democrat..hahahaha! Those memories were fun ones and I hope my kids will learn the importance of voting and having a voice in our democracy! We have a lot to be grateful for in this nation and I never want my children to take for granted the liberties that we have been blessed with! I think Granddaddy would be pleased at how involved we get....he's the one that started it all with me! Thanks, Grandaddy....I love and miss you!

1 comment:

Libbi said...

Good for you!!!!! I think Connor has decided not to vote for Obama after all because he watched McCain at a town hall meeting on TV and really liked him...SB is still holding out for Obama. LOL...I was at Clemson Saturday (check out my blog..I put up 4 new posts!!) and I missed Granddaddy all day!! We were so lucky to have such awesome grandparents...and I miss them all.