Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 06, 2012

Still here....

I can't believe it is October 8th and we are still in the hospital. So many unexpected things have happened this hospital visit. Lauren has had some HUGE obstacles to overcome and I am wondering if things will ever completely return to normal. She is still not able to put any weight on her fegs as the pain from even walking a few steps is enormous and then she becomes very unsteady and her legs give way underneath her. We are getting somewhat of a handle on the stomach pain and are able to slowly begin her feeds again. While we seem to be getting on top of one problem, the one with her legs seems to be getting harder and harder. We still have not heard anything back from the nerve and muscle biopsies (not that I am holding out much hope for answer there anyway) but it would be nice to know if there was anything at all there that could point them in the right direction. At this point, they are just trying to help her deal with the pain and get her back on her feeds so we can go home (hopefully that will happen in the next two weeks if all goes perfectly as planned!) They aren't even trying to figure out the leg pain at this point or I don't feel like that is even something they are concentrating on. All they tell me is that it is some type of neuropathy. They haven't been able to tell me what caused it or if it will get better so we are left with no answers there. We will likely have to go home with a wheelchair for her as well as a walker as we work toward getting her to be able to walk on her own again. She has been very discouraged (obviously) and I hope that things will improve once we get her back on her feeds and home again. I hate not having a clear plan or answers but I am trying to learn to be patient as we seek the Lord's direction. My heart just feels so heavy right now even though I am trying to do everything I can to be obedient. I know things will get better.....I just wish they were getting better now! I just miss my family right now and wish Lauren and I were back home. There have just been too many twists and turns in the road for me lately.

1 comment:

Moringa India said...

Nice Article..Kindly visit us @ Moringa oil supplier in india