Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Uncomfortable!

Well, this morning reminded me once again why I HATE any type of tube! This morning Lauren's pump beeped off for me to flush her and when I went in to do so her bed was wet and I noticed that her med port on the j-tube had come undone! I immediately flushed her, closed her med port and started her feeds again. She was extremely pale and when we checked her bloodsugar, it was 32. We were able to rouse her but she was unable to focus or know what was going on around her. Jeff immediately gave her a blessing and I ran for the cake frosting. I couldn't find any at first so I poured some coke and we got it down her. Her bloodsugar didn't come up after a few minutes but went down a little instead...then we remembered the cupcakes...we scraped frosting off of them and Jeff forced her mouth open while we rubbed cake frosting in her cheeks. I was just getting ready to access her and give her D-50 when we checked another BS and it had come up into the 40's. We knew then that she was on her way back up. She was still not responding really well to us but we got her up and walked her to our room and she layed on our bed while I stripped hers and helped her change out of her wet pjs. I was so very frightened! After we saw she was back up to normal and I could take a breath again, I called Dr. Muenzer and told him about the events of the morning. He, like Jeff and I, is desperate to find a solution so this won't happen again. We came so close to losing her again this morning and after things calmed down I went into the bathroom, knelt down and thanked Heavenly Father for looking out for her and for priesthood power that exist in our home. I am thankful that Jeff honors his priesthood and is worthy to give blessings anytime day or night. My comfort level with this tube has gone way down and I will struggle to find a balance again. I will be up all night long checking on her because I will worry! Libbi was over at Momma's house and she came and spent the morning with me and Lauren while everyone else went to church. It was so comforting to me to have her here. I am blessed with a wonderful family. Jeff told me earlier he is more worried about me at this point because I am so stressed out. I know Heavenly Father is watching out for her and for that I am grateful but my mother's heart holds a lot of worry. I will try very hard to turn that fear to faith. I am thankful for the blessings of the gospel. They strengthen me in every way!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

So sorry to hear about your scare this morning! I am so grateful for the priesthood and have no doubt that Heavenly Father is watching over your sweet girl and you. Hang in there! We will keep you guys in our prayers. We love you all.

Life is for Laughing said...

we will be praying that they find a solution for her :) miss you guys

Anonymous said...



Hello Guy
I think that Keep posting more informative articles like these one.
These are very good articles to visit...


www.golden-slot.com