Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 04, 2011

General Conference

Conference week end is always our favorite and we look forward to it twice a year! On those week-ends, we gather our family together, have a late breakfast, spread the blankets around and get comfortable and listen to the wise counsel we receive from our righteous leaders. Jeff always cooks out hamburgers and we make good desserts, Grandma and Gramps come over and we just enjoy being together as a family! It is our chance to take time out of our busy hectic lives and do what matters most. We were blessed this year to have Jacob and Brittany join us for all the sessions of conference and it was so much fun to hear Jacob's thoughts on the different speakers. We watched "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration" in between sessions on Sunday and it reminded me of how thankful I am for what he did so I can have the blessings of the gospel today. I always hate for the week-end to end...I am uplifted and determined to try harder to live as Heavenly Father wants me to. I felt even more blessed this week-end as this was the first time in 2 years that my family was together for our tradional conference week-end...the last 2 years, I have been in the hospital with one of the kids and had to watch it on the computer so this was especially nice for me! I am reminded of things I need to do better and re-committed to the things I am already striving to do! There are wonderful blessing all around and I am thankful for a living a prophet to show us the way to make it safely back home!!!

1 comment:

Janel said...

I wrote a little while back, but I think my identity was set where you couldn't contact me if you wanted to. (Sorry!) I wanted to tell you that we had our second visit with Dr. Weinstein in March. My son's problems ended up not being GSD related, but I REALLY encourage you to contact him. I think he could help you.

Dr. W is the best GSD doctor in the country. His GSD patients are generally in good metabolic control. If you call and leave him a voice message, he will personally call you back. (If he's out of the country, it could take a few days.) His number is 352-273-5823. Even if you don't go to see him in person, the phone call could be very beneficial.

You can read about our visit at www.scorchedplaces.blogspot.com (Post dated 3/8/11, Dr. Weinstein - March 2011). Also, not sure if you're a member of GSDLife, but that's another great resource if you haven't found it yet - http://gsdlife.ning.com. It has forums and a lot of parents dealing with kids with GSD.

Just wanted to make sure you knew about these great resources. Hope your family is doing well.