Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Missionary work!

So...this morning I woke up with a million things on my mind....totally forgetting that Callie and I (we are the ward missionaries) had scheduled an appointment with a young girl who has just gotten baptized in our ward to start the new member discussions. I jumped in the shower to get ready to go for Momma to come get me to get Lauren's blood drawn and in walks Callie at the same time as Momma....that is when I remembered!!!! So, long story short, Callie ends up running Lauren and I to the lab to get her blood drawn and then Callie and I went to our appointment. I felt so close to tears because I had not remembered the appointment with everything else going on this week and had not had a chance to even look at the "Preach My Gospel" book so I just grabbed my scriptures and prayed for the Lord's spirit to be with me. Before we went in, Callie and I had a prayer and asked the Lord to be with us since it had been a long time since we were missionaries! It felt so good to talk about the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration! Even though it had been a long time since I had done any type of "missionary work", the spirit that I felt today was the same as it always was. It was sweet and strong and brought me to tears. I forget how much I love to share the gospel with others! The Lord will always help us (even when we are totally unprepared like I was today) if we are willing. It also reminded me of how important it is to read my scriptures everyday so that I am always ready to share the gospel message! I love being a ward missionary...not only do I get to help other people in the ward get excited about missionary work, I also get to go into new members homes and share the beauty of the gospel plan in greater depth! I love seeing their face light up and feeling the spirit as it testifies of gospel principles. I also love seeing the joy new members have as they embrace the beauty of the gospel in their lives and love to hear them share their growing testimonies! So even with all the confusion this morning, I am thankful that the Lord's spirit touched our hearts and helped us bring the spirit with us....it has made for a great day!

No comments: