Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Tradition Continues!

Today Momma and Nathan told Jeff and I that they had a gift for us. They wanted us to open it together so when we sat down in the living room, they handed me a yellow gift bag with tissue paper inside covering the contents. As I reached in the bag and pulled out the present, the tears began to flow when I saw the box for I knew what it contained. When I opened the box, there sat a blue set of scriptures with Noah's name embossed on the front. This would have been Noah's 8th birthday and as has been the tradition with all of the grandchildren when they turn 8 years of age, they receive a brand new set of scriptures. Even though Noah no longer has need for the scriptures on this earth, they still wanted him to have his own set as he is their last grandchild and thus they would have given each one a set. As I read what they wrote on the inside it brought tears because I knew what a gift of love this was and it meant the world to both Jeff and I. Jeff suggested I keep his scriptures on the table where his book that Kim made him is along with his pictures and several other special items. We placed them there and they will always be a constant reminder to us of the importance of reading them each day so we will one day be able to return and be with him for eternity. It was a special gift and made this particular birthday easier for me. Thanks Momma and Nathan....I love you and I know that Noah does!!!





6 comments:

Libbi said...

We all cried when they told us they were doing that and I am soooo glad they did it!! What a beautiful gift. I love you and am so glad I will see you this week!!

Grandma Ard said...

I am glad you both are pleased! We wil now have to continue this tradition with the greats.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I'm not even sure I have words to comment - just feelings...

LaNelle said...

Yes we all cried when Grandma told us that they had gotten them to give ya'll for Noah...and I cried again when I read your post! And I say again...our family is the best ever in the entire world! Thank you for sharing!

kim e said...

Brings a smile and a tear.

myglorydays said...

You have a great Mama & Nathan. They are an example to us all. I love you all. Jewel