Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

I just wanted to write a post and wish everyone a Happy Mothers Day! I have been blessed with a wonderful mother who taught me everything good that I am. She lifts me up when I am down, encourages me to move forward with faith, allows me to lean on her until I can get enough strength to stand on my own and taught me about a loving Father in Heaven who listens to me and walks with me each day! I love you, Momma and all that I am I owe to you. Thank you! I have also been blessed with a wonderful stepmother who treats me with kindness and respect and who has always been my friend. I am thankful for the love that she shows to me all the time and how she accepts me for who and what I am. I love you, Dibbie..and thank you! I have also been blessed with sisters who have taught me more than I could ever express in words. You have been my greatest examples of love, tenderness, kindness and taught me what being a friend is all about! You have followed me into the depths of grief and carried me thru and you have laughed with me in our silliest moments and shared all my joys and all my sorrows! Libbi and Kim...I love you...you are my best friends and I am grateful! To my sister in law...thank you..you are my friend and my biggest defender! I have found great joy in our friendship and we have walked together down many roads! I love you, Jewel! To my wonderful nieces who are either mothers or will one day be mothers...I am so proud of how you live your lives and I love you very much! You make me proud to be your aunt! Most of all I am grateful that I have been given four beautiful children to mother...each of my children have brought different joys and different challenges to me and they have all taught me to be better and live closer to the Lord. I will celebrate today with my family and be grateful I came from a rich heritage of loving women and I will look at my children and hopefully pass on to them what I have learned. I will kiss all my children tomorrow and I will look up into the heavens and think of my precious baby and I will know that he will be with me tomorrow and my tears will fall but I will know that I have been blessed beyond what I deserve for I have been given the greatest of all gifts...a great heritage and four beautiful children in whom I will be honored to hear them call me Mother! Happy Mothers Day everyone! I love you all!!!!!

4 comments:

Grandma Ard said...

You are so much like Grandma Nell in many ways-you have always had her belly laugh and had the ability to love as she did! I will always be grateful to you for all that you have done for me in my life and are still doing. as I think of Sis. Bannister and all that is going on in her life, I am so grateful to have wonderful daughters that I know will always let me "lean on you" I love you, MOmma and thanks for the kind words!

myglorydays said...

I love you! You are my friend & my sister & my confidant. You make me laugh, smile, cry & realize that life is what I make of it. Thanks for listening to my global whining & kindly helping me work my way through it. You accept me for who I am & that is truly a priceless gift of love. Happy Mother's Day!
Jewel

kim e said...

What a great way to wake up and read your beautiful words this morning. You are the mother who makes me smile because whatever is placed before you- you face it head on and master all your challenges. I always find joy in talking with you even though we cry together sometimes, we usually find something to laugh about! I am so grateful to have you for a sister. I know I will always have a best friend who loves me and is always there for me.

Libbi said...

I agree with all of the above and especially loved your post and needed it today when I finally got a moment to read it!! Thank you my sweet sweet unshakable sister...I cannot wait to spend quality time with you!!!!