Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Day in May!


OK...I don't really have a reason to post or anything wonderful to share or tell but I did want to say that I love going to the temple! Jeff and I went this morning together and can I just say that to start your Saturday morning off by going thru a session at the temple is just the perfect way to start a day! Our whole day has been so much more relaxed and we are getting everything accomplished that we wanted to! We got up at 6:30 this morning, got dressed, and left by 7:45 a.m! Momma and Nathan came over to help out until Jackie (the kid's nurse) got here! We normally leave Emily in charge when we go somewhere but because we can't be contacted while we are in the temple, we feel more secure having an adult here while we are gone! I was just reminded again today of all my blessings and how grateful I am for the peace and joy that comes inside the walls of the Lord's house! The burdens and challenges we face seem to fade away within those walls and we come away with more strength to face life's challenges! I set a goal this year to attend the temple once a month! So far I am right on schedule and I am thankful that everything works out so that I can accomplish my goal. I usually don't meet physical goals that I try to accomplish each year (i.e. - exercise, weight loss...although I continually try) but I am very determined to meet the spiritual goals I have set. So far on all of those, I am right on schedule and hopefully will stay that way! So for just a normal Saturday in May....it has been a great one because we started it out the best way we know how! I love the temple!!!!

3 comments:

Libbi said...

I wish I was more like my sisters. I really truly do. y'all are incredible examples of faithful obedience.

myglorydays said...

You are one of my heroes. Spiritual is forever & physical goals until we lay our bodies down.

Grandma Ard said...

I am grateful that you could go to the Temple! I love you! Momma