Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grown up!

I have been thinking the last 2 weeks a lot about how fast time is flying by! My kids are all growing up faster than I would like and seeing Emily entering college and going off to Institute each week is making me feel like "where did all the time go?" I didn't realize until recently one day when I was looking at Emily that she is all grown up! I'm so proud of the beautiful, spiritual, well rounded young woman she has become. She reminds me so much of her dad in her quiet, gentle strength. There are so many things that I want to make sure she understands and knows and I wonder if we have instilled in her all that she needs to be successful in life. I remember when she was born and I would wonder what it would be like when she graduated from highschool and now that I am here, it seems like the years went way too fast. I think about those years and a big part of me wishes I had them back and wishes I could have done some things much better but I am so thankful she has turned out so well! In one week Michael will turn 13 and I will have all teenagers! Life continues to move forward whether I want to stop it or not and I hope and pray that we can continue to teach our children correct principles and that all of them will one day be able to govern themselves and be the righteous, faithful adults we are trying so hard to send out into the world! Emily is now beginning adult life and I am so blessed to be able to say that we are sending her out into the world with a firm, unshakeable testimony and a strong desire to do the Lord's will in her life. Her roots are planted firmly in the ground, now it is time for me to let go and give her the wings she so richly deserves!!!

4 comments:

kim e said...

Oh that bitter sweet moment when we see them all grown up. Emily makes everyone smile. I am so thankful for her goodness and kindness. Pat yourself on the back for being a great parent! Emily will go out into the world and her example will shine:)

Unknown said...

Nice post. thanks for the shared it with us. Hot Washed Pet Flakes

андрей автономов said...

все хорошо только переводчика нет на странице надо поставить

Anonymous said...

все хорошо только переводчика нет на странице надо поставить

www.golden-slot.com