Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Scary

Yesterday was a frightening day for our family! Yesterday morning Lauren's monitor went off at the nurse's station and when the nurse came to check on her, she was unresponsive and not moving! She immediately called a "Code Blue" and I prayed so hard. They were able to get her stablized and made the decision to move her down to the PICU so they could watch her closer. We spent 24 hours down in the PICU and came back up to the room today! I am so thankful for the power of prayer and for the love and support of so many. I don't know how I would have gotten thru this day without my family and friends. Jeff and I are grateful for the power of the priesthood that blesses not only Lauren's life but ours as well. We are thankful for the many prayers and fasting that have and are being offered in Lauren's behalf. We feel the strengthening power of prayer and know that the Lord is in control! It has been a long 2 days but tomorrow we are happy to celebrate Lauren's 16th Birthday! She is a fighter in every sense of the word and I am very thankful!

1 comment:

Art and Evelyn said...

Jean, Art and I are in complete awe of you and Jeff. We're amazed by your strength and grace in the face of such adversity. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we will be fasting for your family tomorrow. Tell Lauren how much we love her and Happy Birthday too. Tell Emmie and Mikey we love them and we're praying for them too. Love y'all!